May 1, 2012

Anyone for an extra lesson?

Life is really great! Don't you just love this time of the year? Chilli morning and sunny, beautiful and warm during the day!
My music students are going well. Just yesterday I had a funny situation with one of them. I love chatting with the parents. We should have an extra 30 min just to catch up on news and chat. Anyhow, this lovely little one sat down at the piano and of course, with Mum we started to exchange the events of our days. He was sitting at the piano, waiting, waiting while we were still laughing and chatting. He told about his day as well and we started playing. He was absolutely brilliant. For a young student his sight reading is exceptional, his coordination is incredible and he even practices! in no time we made up the time we spent chatting with Mum because he learnt two pieces with such a speed that my jaw dropped. Then an idea came in my mind. I asked him and Mum if he would like to have an extra lesson on the weekend just to make up the 'chatting time'. He was quick to say yes, just a little bit earlier than Mum agreed. I could not stop smiling how keen he was to get an extra piano lesson. It is such a pleasure to work with someone like him and have such supportive parents like his Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci