May 7, 2012

No bake health muesli bar

I have a few favourite health food shops where I get my TJ Clark Colloidal Minerals, Udo's Oil blend, Magnesium powder and healthy, organic ingredients, fruit and vegetables. I love spending time there and discover new things. One of the shops has a nominated day of the month when they offer discount. Of course I never get there on those days! Last time I was there they had a display table with products, recipes and food. This was the recipe of a health muesli bar I really liked so I thought I would share this yummy recipe with you! Let me know how you and your family liked it!

No Bake health muesli bar
Warning contains peanuts/nuts

Ingredients: 
2 cups Carman's fruit free Muesli (or favourite muesli)
2 cups Koala Crisp Cereal
1 cup Coconut
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
2 tablespoon Linseed Meal

3/4 cup Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons Tahini
1/2 cup Rice Syrup
1/4 cup Maple Syrup

Method:
In a small saucepan heat peanut butter, tahini, rice syrup and maple syrup until melted.
 Combine with muesli, koala cereal, coconut, chia seeds and linseed meal until well combined. Press into rectangular tin lined with baking paper. Refrigerate until set, 2-3 hours. Remove from tinm slice and enjoy. Store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci