Apr 9, 2016

Let's Pay It Forward! Make a stranger happy today!

I would like to start a little Pay It Forward movement here in my circle of influence.

A few weeks ago two men joined me at my table because the cafe was very busy and they did not get a table. We had a lovely chat during our meals, they were two fantastic people. When they left, they finalised my bill, too. I was truly touched. This give me an idea of re-starting the well-known movement, pay it forward.

Next time you see a person less fortunate, a disabled person, a mum or dad struggling with kids, a person in a bad mood, pay for their meal or pay for a cup of coffee! Whatever suits you! It feels great and it makes their day, too! A few times you do it and you see people's reactions, you become addicted to doing it! A small price to make your day and somebody else's!

Today, I had the chance to pay it forward. At my cafe there are quite a few disabled people in wheelchairs who are regular customer. There is an elderly man, who hardly can move any part of his body and his head is bent to the side too. I see him frequently drinking his juice, coffee or eating his meal or a piece of cake cut up to small pieces by staff. Today he was there at the same time with me and I thought. This is it! I am doing this today! I checked things with staff and asked them not to tell him who paid his bill.

Unfortunately, staff got too excited and touched that they told him. So when he rolled out in his wheelchair he said a thank you. I felt embarrassed, touched and happy. Mixed emotions. It felt good. Staff was buzzing, too. My waitress asked me what motivated me to be so nice. I explained to her.

I decided that I will do this, whenever I have the chance. Please, don't misunderstand me. I am not rich and I have no money to throw away. But a few dollars, a price of a coffee, goes a long way making people happy. Showing them a gesture. Showing that we care. That we noticed them. That they count. So please, pay it forward!

I encourage you to write a little story about your pay it forward gesture when you do it! Not to brag about it but to inspire others to do it and share their story. If everyone does it one a month, soon our surroundings will be full of great stories, positive feelings and energy!

Please be part of it, pay it forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci