Apr 19, 2016

Apple banana coconut nuts overnight oats

I don't know how you are managing your busy mornings and your breakfast but I have my favourite combination of shakes that work for me. Eleven years ago I learnt about Herbalife shakes so for many years that did the job for me. However, when I have the time, my favourite breakfast is still eggs. Eggs Benedict, eggs salmon, eggs and avocado, omelettes in different combinations like mushrooms or a little cheese. Occasionally I feel like oats but that's rare.

In the last 6 months I found my perfect combination of shakes that I enjoy having most mornings. I share with you this combination, you might want to try it as it is extremely healthy, it's quick and it tastes good! It also can be changed and combined with other ingredients according to your liking!

It is a scoop or two of Herbalife Vanilla Formula 1 shake mix, 2 spoonful of Vital Greens, a glass of water, a banana and a spoonful of linseed combined in a blender. If you pour the water and add the linseed at first and let it stand for a few minutes, that creates a nice and creamy shake when you add the other ingredients!

However, today I want to share with you a breakfast that I started to make lately as it can be prepared previous night. You even can grab in a container and take it with you if you need to rush!


It is a delicious Apple Banana Coconut Nuts Overnight Oats.
I don't give you quantities. Just select a suitable plastic or glass container. You can make just one portion or prepare more for a family or to have enough for a few mornings. What surprised me with my container is that I thought I will make one or two portions for breakfast but next morning I saw that the oats got soaked with milk so much that I will have probably three or four breakfasts out form this one five-minute preparation! I love that idea!

I just threw together things from my kitchen cupboard. You can add or leave out any ingredients to your liking! I love recipes that easily can be altered so I don't get bored with the same food!


So try this:
1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp chia seeds
1 grinded apple or sliced into pieces
1/4 cup chopped walnuts and pistachio
Raisins
Cranberries
Cinnamon powder
Cloves powder
Desiccated coconut
Almond flakes
Sliced banana
Milk or coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, whatever you like!

Mix dry ingredients in a container and add milk. Mix and shake and let it rest in the fridge overnight for the flavours to mature and blend together. I found that after a few hours I needed to add more milk because the chia seeds and the oats soaked the milk in! So check it before you go to sleep.

If you have a busy morning, you can add the fruits too previous night so you just grab the container and a spoon and run!

If you have enough time to sit down and enjoy your breakfast, maybe you even share it with your partner and kids, add the fresh fruit and decorate the bowls with the fresh fruits and the chopped nuts.

Another trick. You can heat the milk and add to the oats while warm. You still can store in the fridge overnight the same way. In a cold winter morning you can heat the oats mix and eat it warm! It's really nice!

To further indulge, add a spoonful of fresh thickened cream to your oats! It's a real treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci