May 27, 2011

Sensual tea experience

My latest favourite place is called Malt. It is at the Beaumaris Concord, a little shopping village. This café is right on the corner and it has a warm atmosphere, not like many of the modern cafes, cold and unfriendly. The café has great staff, friendly and helpful, the owner is always on board and likes chatting with his customers. I think he might be Greek? He just walked up to me and now I know, he is Italian! The interior colours are brown and maroon, the furniture is mixed, the place has many different seating arrangement. One day I work on my laptop at the table, the next I sit in the armchair to read the paper. What I really like is the few little unique things they have. My very favourite is the rougelagh, which is a snail like folded pastry with lots of nuts. The other day I wanted a pot of tea as I am cutting out coffee, only have coffee and cake once a week max and one of the girls recommended to try the white Ambrosia tea by TeaForte.com. I must say, this cup of tea was a visual, aromatic and taste experience, engaged many of my senses! It came in a cute, beautifully design paper cone on a ceramic square plate designed for the tea with the F for Forte design and the cone had a little green leaf hanging out so when you open the paper cone to hand the tea in the hot water, you have something to grab. The tea bag is beautifully designed and the leaf stands out from the pot when you close the lid. How very cute! The moment you put the tea in the hot water, the aroma of the tea lingers around. The real enjoyment culminates in the taste of the ambrosia tea. It comes to my tongue in different stages. It has honey like richness and flower like lightness. It is the most delicious, sensual experience I had with tea! Today, I came back to do some work on my laptop so I ordered the white ambrosia tea with a small piece of almond biscuit. The tea was again as beautiful experience as tea can go and the almond biscuit was perfection in every way. Again, the owner had a few kind words to me and made me taste a Ginger shot Rochester Ginger that was extremely envigorating and it is healthy as well! Now I have a few things that are worth coming for and are unique! I love places like Malt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci