May 27, 2011

I am in love with my guitar. It's mutual.

I got so inspired during the classes at my new music course I am doing at MWT Institute on Songwriting, Composition and Production that went and bought a guitar. I decided to learn to play it! I got a great deal at the 21st birthday at my local music shop, Pat's Music. The guy was very helpful and looked after me and put together everything I needed. Finding a good book was more of a problem. Some of them such rubbish music or too much music info I did not need. I only needed info on how to play the guitar and some nice music! After long searching I found one I was happy with so that night I got started! My first hour was not pleasant, I found the guitar strange to play, and I was not making a nice, resonant sound. Compared to the piano, I struggled with the asymmetric aspect of the instrument. I realized, what a huge advantage is the fact that I already play two other instruments and read music. My good ear also guided me on the strings and getting things right. I was progressing really well within two hours. My challenge was that sometimes my left hand was on a different string from my right. Two many strings! The last pieces included chords. Now that was a real challenge! To make all the notes sound and resonate properly! Diligently I am practicing every day and I am loving it. I am revising my pieces and the quality of my sound is much better. I ma really happy with my playing and my progress. Although getting started with my studies and buying a guitar happened almost accidently and suddenly, I have a feeling that I will get out many years of pleasure from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci