Dec 23, 2013

An Auschwitz promise - After 70 years Iby Knill British writer tells her memories of Auschwitz

I saw this posting, An Auschwitz Promise on Facebook. Today is 23rd December, just a day before we, Hungarians celebrate Christmas. My first reaction was that this posting was not something I wanted to read or the video to watch just before Christmas. 

However, I was all prepared for Christmas so I clicked on it. I am glad I did. While I was watching Iby's video and listened to her memories, I realised that maybe exactly this is the best time to hear her story to remind people that under the skin we are all the same. 

Iby's story and video needs to be circulated that never ever anything like Auschwitz would ever happen again. 

I wish to all my readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Piroska

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci