Jan 23, 2010

4th January 2010 change to plant-based diet

Once you chose the path of good health it is amazing how things pop up to take you deeper on this path to help you and heal you. My journey to good health seems to be an ongoing process with lots of exciting learning, great experiences and wonderful results. Not to mention the amazing people I have met in person or who's books and websites I have read. They are all out there spreading the news on a healthier diet that could save humanity and the planet from self-destruction. They are advocating this diet against the food industry, diary, meat, McDonalds, Coca Cola, drug companies, the medical profession who is as clueless about nutrition as one can be and many huge companies and governments who does not represent the best interest of the population. 


On 4th January 2010 as a result of reading The China Study and watching the 14-parts video series on YouTube I decided to get back to being vegetarian and this time to go even further. I made a commitment to my health and go on a plant-based diet. Strangely enough, any other time I would never even attempt it and sure would not be able to do it. Not even for a day. However, after reading The China Study it was a logical step and a very easy one. In the last two weeks I ate mostly raw fresh fruits and vegetables with a tiny bit of rice or pasta if I was out. I experienced  right away a huge increase in energy and a better quality sleep at night. I also noticed right after the first days that my skin became more smooth and moist. My heels are the real indicators of any change and I extremely pleased with what I am experiencing. I am looking at food and at people with very different eyes. The China study has changed my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bartok, the Concerto and his Leukemia

I am reading a fascinating book by Hungarian-born Canadian author, speaker, and retired physician with a special interest in childhood deve...

Fibonacci